Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal data from and about you through your usage of this Website, including:
- When you provide it to us directly;
- Automatically through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services; and
- From third-party sources, including service providers such as Google Analytics.
Information You Provide Us
Aviko does not require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our Website. Aviko gathers personal information (“PI”), such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, PI may be collected from you in connection with you applying for a job with us, or by contacting us with questions or comments.
Some areas of our Website may require some identification as a part of participation. In each case, we will make it clear what PI will be collected and how we will use it.
Other Information Collected
Aviko may utilize advertising networks and third-party analytics services that automatically collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit to our Website, including (i) the pages of our Website that you visited; (ii) the time and date of your visit; and (iii) the address of the website that you came from when you entered our Website. This information would be aggregated and anonymized, and we use it to help diagnose problems with our server and to improve our Website’s content.
We may also utilize – directly or indirectly through a third-party service provider – technical methods in HTML emails that we may send to determine whether you have opened those emails or clicked on links in the emails.
Although some web browsers offer “do not track” options, the Website does not currently honor “do-not-track” browser settings.
Sharing of Your Information
Aviko is the sole owner of any information collected on this Website. We will not share your information with any third-party organization for commercial purposes except as noted in this policy.
Aviko may share your information, including PI, with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
- As necessary to provide you with information or materials you request;
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory inquiry;
- When required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- To protect or defend against fraud, lawsuits, claims or other liabilities;
- To protect the security of our systems, or to protect our rights or property;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of Aviko’s business;
- To otherwise assist Aviko in offering products and services;
- To social media platforms in order to provide you with information about Aviko’s activities;
- To service providers, including software and Web developers, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other vendors we engage so that they may provide services to us or on our behalf; and
- With certain affiliates, partners, prospective partners, and service providers in order to provide us and/or our affiliates and partners with information about the use of the Website, our products and services and levels of engagement with the Website, our products and services and to allow us to enter into new business relationships and in connection with recruiting activities.
In each of these instances, Aviko has no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
The PI you provide may also be available to third-party application service providers that we have engaged to operate this Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
We do not disclose personal data protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Your Rights in Other Countries
Aviko is headquartered in the US and any information that we collect will be transferred to our servers in the US. If you use our services or access our Website from another country, you expressly agree to the transfer of your information to the US. To the extent you have questions or concerns with regard to your rights regarding our collection and processing of personal information in your country, please contact us at the email address provided below.
Security of Your Information
Aviko takes steps intended to secure the PI provided to us. For example, PI you provide is accessible only by designated personnel.
We employ reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of your PI. Please note, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we use these measures to protect your PI, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Additionally, please be aware that since Internet data submissions are not always secure, we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Website is or will be secure.
Retention of Your Information
We generally retain PI for as long as reasonably needed for the specific business purpose or purposes for which it was collected and the duration of your use of our Website(s), apps and other relevant online tools.
If you supply us with your postal address or e-mail address online, you may receive periodic communications from us with information on our programs and services. If you do not want to receive postal mail and/or e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending your request via the unsubscribe link contained in our e-mails or by contacting us as set out below.
Aviko will never rent, trade or sell your e-mail address. However, we may occasionally share your name and postal address with our service providers.
Access to and Deletion of Information
The accuracy of your PI is important to Aviko. If you would like to review or delete any PI you have provided to us, please contact us at the email address below, and we will consider your request. We reserve the right to deny to any such request if we deem it to not be commercially reasonable or otherwise injurious or inappropriate, except to the extent fulfilling the request is required by applicable law.
Information From Children Under Age 13
Aviko does not knowingly solicit or collect PI from anyone under the age of 13. Visitors under the age of 13 should ask their parent or legal guardian for assistance when using this Website and should not submit any PI to Aviko. In the event we learn that we have collected PI from a child under age 13, we will delete that information.
In the event another organization merges with or acquires Aviko or substantially all of its assets, your PI may be transferred to that successor or acquiring entity. A court also may order the sale of PI as an asset in a bankruptcy or similar insolvency proceeding.
Modification and Updates
For Additional Information